Revision as of 19:52, 20 February 2018 by Josang@uio.no
Cybersecurity Research Topics
DATE: Tuesday 27 February 2018
LOCATION: Kristen Nygaard's Hall (Room 5370), IFI - OJD House.
14:00h Welcome at IFI
14:15h Invited Talks:
- Neural models of reputation, Pierre Lison, Norwegian Computing Center.
This talk present ongoing research on developing data-driven, predictive models of entity reputation (in the sense of being benign or malicious) for end-point hosts. The talk explains the approach used for learning deep neural networks to automatically predict the reputation of domain names or IP addresses from features extracted from passive DNS data. Furthermore, the talk shows how recurrent neural networks can be employed to detect the presence of malware-generated domain names.
- Intrusion Detection with Neural Networks, Carlos García Cordero, Technical University Darmstadt, Germany.
This talk describes research on flow-based anomaly intrusion detection using replicator neural networks.
- Safety of Cyber-Physical Systems, Ulrich Fahrenberg, Ecole Polytecnique, Paris, France.
- CA Authorization: Solving a Problem or Moving it Somewhere Else?, Nils Gruschka, University of Oslo.
16:00h Panel and Discussion
Chair: Audun Jøsang
- Pierre Lison is a senior research scientist at the Norwegian Computing Center in Oslo, where he is involved in several research projects related to language technology and machine learning. He studied computer science and computational linguistics at the universities of Louvain (Belgium) and Saarland (Germany), and completed his PhD in 2014 at the University of Oslo..
- Carlos García Cordero is a scientist, systems engineer, mathematician, musician and thinker. Carlos' research experience and interests are wide and cover diverse topics such as cyber-security, artificial intelligence, programming languages, compilers, machine learning and computer graphics, among others. Carlos is currently studying a PhD in Cyber Security and Distributed Machine Learning at TU Darmstadt. He has an MSc in Artificial Intelligence from The University of Edinburgh and a BSc in Computer Systems Engineering from the ITESM CSF in Mexico, both achieved with the highest honors.
- Ulrich Fahrenberg works at École Polytechnique in Paris, France.
- Nils Gruschka is Associate Prof. at the University of Oslo.
|AFSecurity is organised by the University of Oslo SecurityLab|