Upcoming AFSecurity Seminars
- 24 October 2011, AFSecurity Seminar: Challenges in Securing Online Banking, Lise Arneberg (BSK (Banking Standards Organisation)
Location Meeting room Awk (3118), IfI-2 (Ole-Johan Dahls Hus), University of Oslo, Gaustadalléen 23b, 0371 Oslo.
Contact Audun Jøsang [] if you want to be on the distribution list for invitations to AFSecurity seminars, and if you are interested in giving a presentation at a future seminar.
Past AFSecurity Seminars
- September 2011: Mobile Phone and Tablet Security, Andreas Hegna (Watchcom)
- June 2011: Dynamic Access Control, Ed Dawson (QUT, Australia)
- May 2011: Mobile Computer Forensics, Carsten Maartmann-Moe (Ernst & Young)
- April 2011: The Stuxnet Worm, Geir Mork (Norman Data Defense)
- March 2011: Cloud Security, Ole-Tom Seierstad (Microsoft)
- February 2011: Risk Management, Bjørn Solhaug (SINTEF)
- January 2011: VoIP Security, Sjur Eivind Usken (Honeynor / Phonect)
- November-2010: RBAC and Financial Risk, Espen Opheim (Avanade)
- October-2010: 1) Certificate Validation, Anders Fongen (FFI/NITH), and 2) Online Micropayments, Josef Noll (UiO/Movation/CWIN/UNIK).
- September-2010: Breaking the Unbreakable Quantum Key Distribution. Lars Lydersen (NTNU/UNIK).
- August-2010: Physical Layer Security over Wireless Channels. Xiangyun (Sean) Zhou (UiO/UNIK)
- June-2010: e-Voting: National Efforts, Kristian Gjøsteen (NTNU).
- May-2010: Passwords and Problems, Per Øyvind Hervik Thorsheim (EDB Business Partner)
- April-2010: 1) Multivariate Trapdoor Functions, Smile Markovski and 2) Cryptographers' Panel (RSA Conference webcast).
- March-2010: Intrusion Prevention and Detection, Knut Bjørnstad (ErgoGroup)
- February-2010: Crypto Puzzles, Leif Nilsen (Thales)
- January-2010: Wireless Security, Mark Looi (QUT), Moshfiq Chowdhury (UNIK)
- December-2009: Advanced PKI Models, Mona Holsve Ofigsbø (NTNU/UNIK), Anders Fongen (FFI)
- November-2009: 1) Virtual Organized Crime, Øyvind Skaar (UiO). 2) Resource Availability, Ole-Erik Hedenstad (FFI)
- September-2009: Quantum Theory and Cryptography. Arnt Inge Vistnes (UiO), and Johannes Skaar, Sara Felloni (UNIK/NTNU).
- June-2009: Spam Filtering. Kuldeep Singh (TKK/NTNU/UNIK) and Audun Jøsang (UiO/UNIK)
- May-2009: 1) Petname Systems, Sadek Ferdous (TKK/NTNU/UNIK), 2) Cryptographers' Panel at RSA 2009 (Webcast)
- April-2009: Mobile Services Security. Arne Riiber (EnCap) and Gyorgy Kalman (UNIK)
- March-2009: Trusted Computing. Egil Martinsen (NSM) and Øyvind Skaar (UiO/UNIK)
- February-2009: Botnets. Hans C. Hansen (Norman Data Defense) and Ravishankar Borgaonkar (TKK/NTNU/UNIK)
- January-2009: Identity Management in Large Organisations. Anders Lund (Uninett) and Josef Noll (UiO/UNIK/Movation)
- December-2008: Identity Federation - Trends and Technologies. Steinar Skagemo (DIFI) and Jonathan Scudder (Sun/UNIK/UiO)
- November-2008: Privacy in new technological environments. Janne Lindqvist (HUT/TKK) and Gyorgy Kalman (UNIK)
- October-2008: Trends in Malware. Snorre Fagerland (Norman) and Kris-Mikael Krister (NTNU/NSM)
- September-2008: Advanced User Authentication. Petter Taugbøl (Encap) and Mads Henriksveen (Buypass)
- August-2008: Identity Management. Rune Hagen (BSK) and Audun Jøsang (UiO)
- June-2008: PKI and Validation Authorities; State of the Art. Jon Ølnes (DNV) and Lars Olaussen (NSM)
- May-2008: 1) Polymorphic Virus Analysis, Egil Aspevik (UiO); and 2) SCIP, Terje Jensen (NSM)
- April-2008: 1) New trends for SIM cards, Judith Rossebø (Telenor), and 2) Privacy Requirements, Åsmund Skomedal (NR)
- March-2008: 1) NFC Security, Øivind Kure (UNIK) and 2) Elliptic Curve Digital Signatures, Hege Reithe Frium (UiO)
- February-2008: Kick-off meeting.
Academic Forum on Security is a collaborative meeting place in the Oslo area with focus on current issues and research questions related to information security. AFSecurity is organised in collaboration between IfI (Department of Informatics) and FFI (The Defence Research Establishment).
Constant technology innovation and the changing threat environment make information security an ongoing process that always requires new solutions. The AFSecurity seminar series is a response to this challenge and provides a forum for security innovation and exchange of ideas. Seminaar speakers are representatives from industry, government and academia who are active in the research and development of IT and security solutions through national and international organisations.