If you want two classes to share a property, please make sure that the properties does not include any classes in its domain!
Lets say I have two classes, Municipality and County. Both of this units are identified, for instance, by the property "Name". Then you need to:
- Create the property within the correct Ontology. After creation, please check that it has no domains.
- Click on the Menu-item "Edit ontologies".
- Click the Ontology which have the classes that will share the property, in this case the Municipality and County class.
- Click on the New Property button, the second leftmost in the bottom of the Ontologies window.
- Type in the name in the Name-field.
- Click "Change the type of this property."
- Double click String
- Click Create.
- Click Save.
- Edit every class that, and add the property to the class.
- Click the Class that shall have the property.
- Click the tab named "Properties"
- Click in the field "Search Properties".
- Type in the name of the property, in this case "Name".
- Double click the Name-property. Make sure the property is within the same ontology!
- Click in the search field again.
- Hit the backspace-button (delete your search-term).
- Make sure all the old properties, and the new one, is listed in the Properties tab.
- Start from point 1 for the next class.