This Wiki is used for documenting the group projects for INF5750 2014.
The 2013 page is available here.
The overview of group project tasks can be found here.
Each group should follow these milestones:
- Milestone 1: 1st November
Document features and architecture on Wiki
Show understanding of DHIS2 web apps
- Milestone 2: 15th November
First bare-bone version - static HTML
Uploadable as DHIS2 web app
- Milestone 3: 30th November
- Finished, if applicable also with mobile app.
- Final delivery: 8th December
- Presentation: 9th December
Tips and tricks
Feel free to add things here as you discover them.
- This page has information about how to log in and use the group servers. Feel free to add more information to the page .
- App settings on dev and demo servers (sometimes the settings change to the wrong value, read here to know how to fix).
- Using the single event API on DHIS2 (Useful for embedding-apps-in-tracker also)
- This is Mobilars' example app. Based on Angular. Does a few DHIS2 WEB Api calls. Now also with an update where it finds the correct DHIS2 API url by downloading its own manifest-file (the manifest file is edited by DHIS2 on app installation)
- If you're using Single event, and are having problems with events not appearing in the analytics API, try reading this. You must have permission ALL or F_DATA_MART_ADMIN on your user to run these commands. On the demo db, only the system user has this. Not admin. To avoid running this from the Geo-location app (where you want to see recently uploaded events), you may want to keep a cache of the last uploaded events.
- For those who are doing changes of DHIS2 source code, you may want to read up a bit on Struts. here is a presentation from the 2012-version of INF5750. Struts has been removed from this year's course.
- Editing a wiki
- How to Edit dhis2 web pages (Relevant for Social & App-embedding)
- How to install Cordova because there's a lot of hidden problems with python if not installed when you're installing nodejs. You have to remember when you run the android command(which is the same as the android sdk manager) you need to add api x(x depending on which version you're going to test on) or else you might get problems when running 'cordova platform add android'. It may also be mentioned if you have problems running the 'cordova emulate android', you could try and make your own custom avd with the command 'android avd' instead, this will make a default image so that you can skip to the 'cordova run android'.
Installing DHIS2 sample data
Things to add to the project wiki
- List of group members
- Summary of requirements
- Time schedule
- How you are dividing tasks within the group
- Screenshots and screen flows
- Documented learning during project
- Suggested improvements to APIs etc
- Link to repository
- Download link to sample web app or Android app
Add a link to your own group's main page here.
- Groupname (link)
- The kake is a lie
- Stack workers
- Untitled Group
- Ninja Turtles
- Fabulous four