- Andreas Lind-Johansen (andrelin)
- Atle Nordland (atleno)
- Stian Larsen (stila)
Project: Facility Registry App
Framework & Tools
- A user will be able to navigate the app without any prior training
- The menu labels will be coherent do not hide functionality by design
- A user will be able to select a facility from a paginated, searchable table.
- A user will be able to select a facility from a filterable tree-list-view.
- A user will be able to create a new organisation unit.
- A user will be able to edit an existing organisation unit.
- A user will be able to create new categories, levels, groups and group sets with ease.
- A user will be able to edit existing categories, levels, groups and group sets with ease.
- Any major changes to the view, such as create-new or edit-existing menu options will be displayed on top of the existing page wherever possible. Angular is perfect for this.
- Retain tree-view of organisations, but make it prettier to go along with the rest of the UI
- By using a filter technique we can live-update the displayed tree view, thus removing the need of a button and page refresh.
- Add live-update map functionality (show locstion on map when viewing or editing an OrgUnit)
- This should also work when a specific OrgUnit is selected in the table
- When using the search-filter functionality, eliminate the need for a button by updating the list view on-the-fly.
Our group will meet frequently. We are all part of the same student organisation, so we see each other pretty much every day anyway. We will exchange ideas and perform a good bit of pair-programming. Once the specific parts of the implementation have been thoroughly drafted we will assign specific tasks to each group member.
- Created this article
- Documented framework, tools, requirements and features
- Bare-bone HTML version updated with angular code
- Using Bootstrap elements for drafting a design scheme
- Pre-made templates supplied by Bootstrap gives us a framework to glue our ideas onto. Subject to redesign in the later stages.
- Preliminary feature demonstration using angular added to code base on server
- Filterable tables ready
- API-fetching implemented
- Rough sketch for Google Map positioning on page done pen&paper-style for now, pending implementation
- Sandbox-app uploaded to test server, will play around with features and code snippets that may or may not make it to the final product