- Dawood Ahmad (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Larry Parker (email@example.com)
- Thomas Kristiansen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ullvar Brekke (email@example.com)
Product descriptions requirements
Create an app that provides a visualization of a clinical cascade, with the HIV 90-90-90 cascade as the primary example.
Present the cascade as a bar/column chart, where (from the left to right) the value of each bar represents the subset of the previous, and where there is generally a target (in percent) associated with it. The app needs to be able to present this information in (at least) three ways:
- As percentages, where the first bar in the cascade is 100%, and the subsequent bars as expressed as percentages of the previous.
- As raw numbers, but showing both the actual number and the gap (i.e. the difference between target and actual).
- As raw data and percentages (on a different axis), i.e. bars with the raw data and a line with the percentage.
Because this app should be usable in different settings/ countries and thus different DHIS2 databases, there must be an interface for configuring the cascade and a possibility of saving these configurations for reuse later. That gives us these required features:
- Configure what data elements/indicators to include in the cascade, as this might differ from country to country or even at different levels within a country.
- Configure the target for each data element/indicator. While the global target for HIV is 90-90-90, it should be possible to set the target in the app.
- Save different configurations. The cascades are often done for different population groups (by sex, age etc). Therefore, it should be possible to save different configurations.
- Switch between the different configurations.
- Select the time period and organization unit to display data for. Either as part of the configuration or when generating the visualization.
- There must be support for downloading the visualizations.
We will develop the product with React framework due to personal interest, experience, and well-documented framework.
Higcharts (depends on license)/react chartjs will be used to plot the data on to the application.
|45||Project setup in React - ESlint, Flux|
|46||Discovered how Analytics worked|
|47||Discovered how to utilize API to get resources required|
|48||Created interface for saving config in DHIS2 storage|
|49||Finishing Touches - Deployed app in DHIS2|
Division of labour
Everyone works on everything.
We will use Trello to create a backlog of assignments, and everyone pulls an assignment from that backlog when they are going to work on the project.
We will meet at least once a week to discuss and possibly merge our work together.