Difference between revisions of "Stock Level Visualisations"
(Created page with "== Background == In many countries, DHIS2 includes basic data on logistics, in particular stock levels: how much stock of a particular medicine/ vaccine/ commodity etc was av...")
Latest revision as of 10:47, 12 October 2017
In many countries, DHIS2 includes basic data on logistics, in particular stock levels: how much stock of a particular medicine/ vaccine/ commodity etc was available at the beginning of the month, how much as received, how much was used, and how much is left at the end of the period. However, some of the typical calculations and visualisations that are relevant for this type of data can not easily be made with the built-in visualisation tools in DHIS2.
This assignment involves creating an app for DHIS2 that produces visualisations for logistics data, including the necessary calculations for producing these, including:
- For a selection of organisation units, produce a visualisation of the estimated months of stock left. There is usually a policy to keep the stock between a minimum and maximum levels. These should be configurable in the app, and organisation units above/below these levels should be highlighted.
- For one organisation unit, produce a visualisation of the time-trend in stock availability (e.g. for the last 12 months), with minimum and maximum thresholds for what is adequate levels of stock.
The estimated months of stock left is based on the average amount used in recent periods, compared with the stock available at the end of the period in question. For example, if 350 doses of BCG has been used on average Jan-March and 600 doses is available at the end of March, the current stock will last an estimated 1,7 months.
It should be possible for an administrator to set the default minimum and maximum thresholds (in months of stock availability) to be used, and for users to override this. Furthermore, because this app should be usable in different settings/ countries and thus different DHIS2 databases, there must be an interface for selecting what data elements/ indicators to use for analysis, i.e.. for each variable the stock used, ending/ starting balance etc (as needed).
- Presentation of supply chain and links to DHIS2
- 1.34. Analytics - for data requests
- 1.72. Data store - for storing configuration
DHIS2 standard app, and DHIS2 dashboard app.