Analyzing the Production Curve for n-activation of Ag
Revision as of 08:45, 5 October 2012 by Hansvl@uio.no
From analysing the decay curves for the different irradiation times (12, 24, 48, 72, and 144 s) you should have five R0 values for each of the isotopes.
- Plot the R0 values as a function of irradiation time (use Origin or similar software).
- Assume that the R<usb>0</sub> for the 110Ag irradiation is exact. Use this value to determine the product of the detector efficieny and neutron flux. In the following, use this value as "true" whenever you need the product.
- Use the weight of the silverplate to determine the number of target atoms (silver atoms).
- Now calculate the theoretical points for the nine other R<usb>0</sub> points.
- How does your theoretical and experimentelly measured points agree?