Basic Laboratory Procedures for Radiochemistry
After having completed this exercise you should know the following:
- Have practical experience on working with open radioactive sources.
- Know basic safety rules and procedures for working with modest amounts of radioactivity.
- Know how to use a radiation monitor.
- Get practical experience with measuring ("counting") radioactive samples, and understand the inherent uncertainty using proportional counters and NaI (γ-spectroscopy detectors.
Explanation and Exercise Guide
- Student Guide - Preparation Questions for Basic Radiochemistry
- Student Guide - Safety Rules in Radiochemistry
- Student Guide - Exercise: Working With Radioactive Material
- Student Guide - Demonstration: extraction of 99mTc from a isotope generator
- Student Guide - Measurement of 99mTc gamma-spectrum
- Student Guide - Yield of Tc in Liquid-Liquid Extraction