Gamma Spectroscopy Analysis
This lab exercise was developed for the UiO KJM 5911 course.
You will learn about semiconductor detectors, in particual Ge-detectors. Such detectors are used for precise determination of the intensities and energy of the γ-quanta, commonly referred to as γ-spectroscopy. In the exercise the actual analysis of γ-spectra will not be performed, but we will look into how the results can be used to identify an unknown sample, and how its absolute amount can be determined.
Explanation and Exercise Guide
- Student Guide - Introduction to Detection of Gamma Radiation
- Student Guide - Gamma Spectroscopy and Detectors
- Student Guide - Yield in Neutron Activation and Nuclear Reactions
- Student Guide - Basics about Efficiency Calibratio of Gamma Detectors
- Student Guide - Efficieny Calibration Curve
- Student Guide - Determination of Unknown Sample
- Student Guide - Summary of Gamma Spectroscopy Analysis
The Date for this assigment is given in the text. There is no need to do the practical excersises personally.