Introduction to Radiochemistry - Counting statistics
Revision as of 09:41, 9 July 2012 by Hansvl@uio.no
This lab exercise was developed for the UiO KJM 5911 course.
- To understand the relationship between amount of radioactive material and desintegrasjon rate.
- To understand the relationship between count rate and desintegrasjon rate.
- To understand the uncertainty in measured number of counts and be able to calculate the uncertainty in numbers derived from such numbers.
- Be able to use a radioactivity detector.
- To know and understand the basic principles for work with open radioactive sources.
- Be able to conduct contamination checks.
Explaination and Exercise Guide
- Student Guide - Radioactive Disintegration
- Student Guide - Statistics
- Student Guide - Geiger-Müller Counter and Counting Efficiency
- Student Guide - Introductory Questions and Preparation of the Sample
- Student Guide - Measurements and Calculations
- Instructions to Teachers and Supervisors
- Experience and Feedback from Teachers