KJM5911 Lab Exercise 1 - Basics
Revision as of 07:28, 25 September 2012 by Jonpo@uio.no
Basic radlab work routines
- To understand the relationship between amount of radioactive material and desintegrasjon rate.
- To understand the relationship between count rate and desintegrasjon rate.
- To understand the uncertainty in measured number of counts and be able to calculate the uncertainty in numbers derived from such numbers.
- Be able to use a radioactivity detector.
- To know and understand the basic principles for work with open radioactive sources.
- Be able to conduct contamination checks.
This exercise consist of the following parts:
- Questions (to be answered before the lab starts) - Preparation Questions for Basic Radiochemistry
- Student Guide - Safety Rules in Radiochemistry
- Student Guide - Radioactive Disintegration
- Student Guide - Statistics
- Student Guide - Geiger-Müller Counter and Counting Efficiency
- Student Guide - Exercise: Working With Radioactive Material
- Student Guide - Introductory Questions and Preparation of the Sample
- Student Guide - Measurements and Calculations