KJM5911 Lab Exercise 1 - Basics
Basic radlab work routines
- To understand the relationship between amount (in g) of radioactive material and desintegrasjon rate.
- To understand the relationship between count rate and desintegrasjon rate.
- To understand the uncertainty in measured number of counts and be able to calculate the uncertainty in numbers derived from such numbers.
- Be able to use a radioactivity detector (gas-filled detector).
- To know and understand the basic principles for work with open radioactive sources.
- Be able to conduct contamination checks.
- To understand the fundamentals about gamma spectroscopy demonstrated with a NaI detector.
This exercise consist of the following parts:
- Student Guide - Safety Rules in Radiochemistry
- Student Guide - Radioactive Disintegration
- Student Guide - Statistics
- Student Guide - Geiger-Müller Counter and Counting Efficiency
Questions Should be answered before the lab starts.