KJM5911 Lab Exercise 5 - Cyclotron Produced Tracers and Liquid-Liquid Extraction
Part 1: Producing 90Mo in a (alpha, 4n) reaction
- Welcome to the Oslo Cyclotron Laboratory.
- Target setup and gas-jet transfer system.
- Catching 90Mo on a filter in the chem.lab.
- Analysing the gamma spectrum
Part 2: Liquid-liquid extraction of Mo
- Preparing liquids and equipment.
- Extraction curve as function TOA concentration.
- Perform extractions with 90Mo tracer
- Plot extraction data and analyse curve
Part 3: Clean up
- Clean all equipment and collect rad. waste in designated bottles.
- Prepare all waste for collection/disposal.
- Check workspace for contamination.