Difference between revisions of "Optional Topic 6"
(Created page with "=== Radiation chemistry === Topics: * Irradiation methods ** Types of irradiation sources and devices ** Dosimetrics ** Effects of irradiation geometry, thickness of the target...")
Latest revision as of 09:48, 21 September 2012
- Irradiation methods
- Types of irradiation sources and devices
- Effects of irradiation geometry, thickness of the target etc.
- Use of data basis and related computer programmes
- Reactions in radiation chemistry in various materials
- Basic reactions, formation of intermediates, excited states, ions, electrons and radicals
- Reaction of intermediates, formation of stable products
- Radiation chemical yields
- Kinetics of radiolysis
- Reactions in water and water solutions, polymers, metals, nuclear fuel, nutrients,cells etc.
- Analytical methods used in radiation chemistry
- Application of radiation chemistry
- radiation sterilization of medical equipment
- radiation sterilization of food stuffs
- polymerization and polymer functionalization etc.