nhmbif is a virtual machine running RHEL 7.3
List of services
The following services are provided on nhmbif (incomplete list):
- Dataset portals
- Annotation/transcription (dugnad)
- A simple geolocation service
- Generate your own DwC templates
- Norwegian GBIF data from nodes outside Norway (updated every month)
- Our IPT instance
- Our resolver, and plzresolve, which parses a DwC-A and adds data to the resolver.
- A MySQL server (hosting specify databases and some IPT datasets)
- dwclean, a script run every night. Grabs data from MUSIT, cleans it and delivers it to our IPT.
- sgraf (Don't know what this does but it has something to do with geology)
- ffserver and ffmpeg, for live streaming museum events
Renewing SSL certificates
We use dehydrated to renew the letsencrypt certificates for data.gbif.no. Everything should just happen automatically (on the 1st of every month), but if something goes wrong, simply run /opt/bin/renew to renew the certificates, and remember to restart the web server.
Help, the IPT is down!!!
- Is tomcat running? If not, do service tomcat start
- Is lighttpd running? If not, do lighttpd -f /etc/lighttpd/lighttpd.conf