nhmbif is a virtual machine running RHEL 7.3
List of services
The following services are provided on nhmbif (incomplete list):
- Dataset portals
- Annotation/transcription (dugnad)
- A simple geolocation service
- Generate your own DwC templates
- Norwegian GBIF data from nodes outside Norway (updated every month)
- GBIF.no's IPT instance
- GBIF.no's resolver, and plzresolve, which parses a DwC-A and adds data to the resolver.
- A MySQL server (hosting specify databases and some IPT datasets)
- dwclean, a script run every night. Grabs data from MUSIT, cleans it and delivers it to our IPT.
- sgraf (Don't know what this does but it has something to do with geology)
- ffserver and ffmpeg, for live streaming museum events
- Make sure to back up the data directories – /site/gbif/ipt and /site/gbif/sandbox
- Download the Latest version of the IPT
- Upload the latest version of the .war file (ipt-x-x-x.war) using the tomcat web interface
- Alternatively, stop tomcat (service tomcat stop, copy the latest version of the IPT (ipt-x.x.x.war) to /var/lib/tomcat/webapps/ipt-sandbox.war and /var/lib/tomcat/webapps/ipt.war and restart tomcat (service tomcat start)
- Follow the on-screen instructions  and  to complete the upgrade
Renewing SSL certificates
We use dehydrated to renew the letsencrypt certificates for data.gbif.no. Everything should just happen automatically (on the 1st of every month), but if something goes wrong, simply run /opt/bin/renew to renew the certificates. This script will also concatenate privkey.pem and cert.pem so lighttpd can use the certificates. Remember to restart lighttpd!
Help, the IPT is down!!!
- Is tomcat running? If not, do service tomcat start
- Is lighttpd running? If not, do lighttpd -f /etc/lighttpd/lighttpd.conf
IPT/Tomcat is not allowed to write to the IPT data directory
Probably an SELinux thing - try the following:
- grep tomcat /var/log/audit/audit.log | audit2allow -M ipt
- semodule -i ipt.pp