Access and Benefit Sharing (ABS)
Revisjon per 20. apr. 2018 kl. 10:46 av Larsejo@uio.no
Please feel free to contact any member of the team for advice on specific issues, for specific countries etc. - we may have some useful hints to offer!
- NHM standard procedure for Nagoya Protocol/ABS compliance
- Suggested text for requesting information from National Focal Points
- Depositing collecting and other permits in the NHM registry
- NHM ABS team:
Resources by country
- Act on sharing benefits arising from the utilisation of genetic resources. [Source: https://absch.cbd.int/database/record/ABSCH-MSR-DK-238544]
- Da Silva & Oliveira 2018: The new Brazilian legislation on access to the biodiversity (Law 13,123/15 and Decree 8772/16). [Source: http://www.bjmicrobiol.com.br/en/the-new-brazilian-legislation-on/articulo/S1517838217310997/]
- Genetic resources in Finland (as of 10.10.2017). [Source: https://www.biodiversity.fi/geneticresources/guidelines/genetic-resources-in-finland]
- Frequently asked questions regarding the application and authorization to access to Spanish genetic resources from wild taxa (as of 13.03.2018) [Source: http://www.mapama.gob.es/en/biodiversidad/temas/recursos-geneticos/protocolo-de-nagoya/FAQ_Autorizaciones.aspx]
- Utilizing Swedish genetic resources (as of 13.03.2018). [Source: http://www.swedishepa.se/Guidance/Guidance/Species-Protection/Genetic-resourses/Utilizing-Swedish-genetic-resources/]
- Access and Benefit-sharing Clearing-House Information about ABS regulations, National Focal Points for most countries, useful resources etc.
- CETAF Code of Conduct & Best Practice A most useful document!
- The Swiss Academy of Sciences - ABS Publications Several useful documents on ABS best practice, sample agreements, case studies etc.
- Online learning tool on ABS Developed by BGCI and Kew. Targets botanic gardens/herbaria, but its first few modules are applicable across all collections
This page is maintained by Lars Erik Johannessen.