This page provides information related to the NHM DNA Bank:
- Advice for field colllecting etc. of samples, associated data, geographical coordinate formats, labelling of samples etc.
- How to register samples in the NHM DNA Bank
- Corema manual
- Import template files
For further info about the DNA Bank, see the DNA Bank web pages.
Collection and registration of samples for the NHM DNA Bank
Registration of tissue and DNA samples; instructions and advice related to collection, deposition and use of samples to/in the DNA Bank.
Advice for field collection of DNA samples, associated data, geographical coordinate formats, labelling of samples etc.
Corema is the database used for the NHMO DNA bank, as well as for the complete NHMO bird collection.
- For access to Corema, please contact the DNA Bank manager
- To install or update Corema, run the Corema.msi file found in the folder Y:\DNA Bank Open\Installation\Corema\. Please follow the instructions given in the Installing Corema.txt file in the same folder
- It is also possible to run Corema through the UiO Program kiosk
- To get started using Corema, a brief introduction is provided: Corema manual.pdf
Import templates for Corema
Below are import template files for the various Corema collections, and best practice manuals for some of the collections.
Download the relevant file, fill in your data and send the file to the DNA Bank manager.
Import files for new samples:
Botanical samples (Updated 27.01.2021)
Zoological samples (Updated 21.06.2021)
Other import files (for existing accessions):
DNA extracts (Updated 29.04.2020)
Revisions (Updated 27.01.2016)
Best practice manuals:
Import of sample data to Corema - Avian samples.pdf
This page is maintained by Lars Erik Johannessen.