Data types and format
Back to ECMWF overview
- reanalyses from 12/1978 to 02/1994
- spectral T106 resolution with 31 vertical hybrid levels
- reanalyses from mid-1957 to 2001
- T159 spectral resolution with 60 vertical levels
- reanalyses from 01/1979 up to 3 months ago
- T255 spectral resolution with 60 vertical levels
- corrected for different models so should be consistent
- useful for long term analyses
The Re-analysis data are publicly available via http://data-portal.ecmwf.int
One does not need to be an authorized user but only register.
The public ERA-40 data are not the high-resolution data, and the public ERA-Interim data are not including all fields.
Operational data - data up to 2 days ago
- GRIB2 was implemented on 18 May 2011.
Information on the GRIB2 migration can be found here http://www.ecmwf.int/products/changes/grib2_migration/index.html