- 1 The project
- 1.1 What have we made?
- 1.2 What other features would we add with more time?
- 1.3 Screenshots and screen flows
- 1.4 Technologies
- 1.5 Team
- 1.6 The Repository
We wanted to give users the ability to easily take screenshots of their current view in DHIS, and allow them to browse their screenshots in a Gallery.
Adding support for this feature should be easy for a DHIS2-app developer..
What have we made?
We made three things: a photo-gallery, and a test-page with a "take screenshot" button, and a spring-service to store screenshots to server.
Our test-app to capture screenshots is a single page with some test-data and a button. The button is the main-event here, as it is the only thing other DHIS2 apps will need to implement in order to use the screenshot feature.
The button will open a modal where the user can enter a title and a description for the screenshot. Then the screenshot will be sent to our backend-service along with the current users username(fetched from '/api/me'), the meta-data entered by user, and the current site-url.
The photo gallery will load all images that are taken by the current user, and present them in a responsive grid with a search-filter. Clicking an image will open the image in a larger modal.
The backend-service recieves the image as a base64 encoded png-image (output from html5 canvas.toDataUrl()) and decodes and stores this to disk.
What other features would we add with more time?
- Give users the ability to share images with each other.
- Should also be possible to mark images as "public" so anyone can see them..
- The gallery should then show all images a user has access to, and have an additional filter "show only my/shared/public images"
- Create an additional database-table to link images with the users they have been shared with.
- Allow editing description and title from the gallery
- Add a sort-field in the gallery, to sort on date
- Add the ability to create a "public-link" for a given image, so it could be sent as an email-attachment or similar..
- Fix the user-interface styles, so they match the DHIS2-theme (not just pure bootstrap)...
Screenshots and screen flows
Add a description to a screenshot
Feedback to user when a screenshot is saved
Search field in gallery
Click an image to see larger version
And, naturally, its responsive
- DHIS 2 Web API
- Bootstrap 3
- Mats Astrup Schjølberg
- Vegard Angell
- Hodo Elmi Aden