INF BIOX120 H13 messages
Sept. 25, 'tee'
- Advanced unix command-line tip: if you want to save the output of a command to a file instead of sending it to the screen, but still want to follow the output, you can
1) open another terminal window,`cd` to the folder, type
tail -f outfile.txt
(use ctrl-C to cancel)
2) pipe through `tee`, which sends output to the screen and a file:
command infile.txt -parameter 1 -parameter2 |tee output.txt
Sept. 24, Practicals online, IPython
- The most recent version of the assembly practicals, including any corrections made during the module, are found on github here: https://github.com/lexnederbragt/INF-BIO9120_fall2013_de_novo_assembly/tree/master/practicals
- Tip for installing IPython (any platform): use Enthought Canopy (free academic license) or Anaconda (free)
Sept. 20, Evaluation
- We sent around an evaluation form for the first week (up until Thursday). Please fill out!
Sept. 18, VM use, screen
- The page describing the use of the VM from the course room, as well as from home/work is updated, please have a look.
- See this tip on running commands that take a long time with `screen`
Sept. 17, explainshell
- Check out http://explainshell.com/
Sept. 16: Welcome, wiki, messages
- This page can be reached by going to bit.ly/htsuio13
- the course wiki is at here.
- If you do not have a htsXX number, or forgotten which one you used during the unix pre-course, ask the teachers
- loggin into the VM on linux: in a terminal, type
xfreerdp -k no htsXX.uio.no
- On the VM, have a look at the /doc folder, it will have the presentation PDF's. Some of them are already uploaded before the actual time of presenting so you can follow along
- SAM flags: http://picard.sourceforge.net/explain-flags.html
- if /data doesnt work, try /site/infbio9120/data. Same for /doc, use /site/infbio9120/doc
Sept. 13th: room
First course day is in Room Cobol at Informatics, see here.
See you on Monday, September 16th at 9:00!