Back to Flash 2022
This is a recipe for enabling Flash on your PC or Mac in 2022. The main component here is Waterfox Classic browser https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterfox - an open source fork of Firefox supporting both legacy (like Flash) and modern (like OpenSeadragon) technologies. You will need admin rights on your computer to perform the installation.
- Download and install Waterfox Classic browser for your OS https://classic.waterfox.net/
- Download pre time bomb version of Flash from Archive https://archive.org/download/flashplayerarchive/pub/flashplayer/installers/archive/fp_22.214.171.124_archive.zip This archive contains both Windows and Mac Flash player versions.
- Unpack and install flashplayer18_0r0_160_win.exe from the archive. IMPORTANT: Select "Never check for updates (not recommended)" in the dialog and click "Done" button:
- Go to Display Settings of your computer and make sure that "Scale and layout" is set to 100% (don't use "Recommended"):
- Run Waterfox Classic and open http://cmbn-navigator.uio.no/navigator/ You should see a warning message, click "Activate Adobe Flash":
- In the next dialog click "Allow and Remember":
- Enjoy the FlashBack and like Waterfox Classic on GitHub https://github.com/WaterfoxCo/Waterfox-Classic